Wednesday, September 18, 2019

#20 Lincoln Park South

September 18, 2019
Another beautiful late summer day in Chicago.  This walk is very familiar to us as it leads directly to the Green City Market.  This is a popular farmers market held on Wednesdays and Saturdays.  We walk there on as many Wednesdays and Saturdays as we can.  I enjoyed using the card this time because I discovered the Caldwell Lily Pool.  I suppose I've always known it was there and I probably walked through this idyllic glen before, but today felt like the first time.  I can't wait to go back with a book and spend some time in this serene spot.  The zoo entrance from the Lily pool path is permanently closed now. In order to see the conservatory I had to enter at the main east gate, walk through the zoo, exit at the main west gate and double back north.  I love the Lincoln Park Zoo. No admission ticket, no turnstiles, no lines.  Just come and go as you please.  The nature boardwalk is a welcome respite in an urban jungle.  Cafe Brauer is great spot and the site of our friends wedding one July 4th evening years ago.  Another attraction, that the card omits, is the Farm in the Zoo.  Great facilities.  I also used Map My Walk app.  Check out my path in the last photo.

Start: Fullerton & Stockton




Lily Pool Entrance
Lily Pool

Lily Pool
















Uh-oh. Gotta go to the main entrance
Welcome Lion
Lincoln Park Zoo East Entrance


















Conservatory Lawn

Lincoln Park Conservatory




Cafe Brauer

Goldenrod

Grant

Entrance to Shakespeare Garden

Stanza 1
Stanza 2
Stanza 3
Stanza 4

End of the official walk
Green City Market

Green City Market







Farm in the Zoo





























Map My Walk App

No comments:

Post a Comment